News and research
Early prototypes retrosp. (Soon)
Early testers retrospective (Soon)
Gyro implementation details (Soon)
They were talking about us
Last update: 24 May 2023
- Oregon Pacifist (video) Input Labs "Alpakka" Controller Review (3D Printed & Open Source)
- "This controller will make you rethink what's possible in controllers"
- "With a little bit of practice you can get really precise and really good at these little, tiny, minute movements that you would usually get accustomed to with a mouse."
- "You would definitely be running circles around people that are using the right thumbstick."
- RambleCan (video) Alpakka Dual Gyro Controller Impressions -【Warhammer 40k: Boltgun】
- "Pretty darn cool! I'm digging it!"
- "It's refreshing that there is a new idea in the controller-sphere"
- Heise Online Alpakka: The Dream-Gamecontroller with Mouse-functionality
- "The Alpakka can be completely customized via software and hardware. Thanks to gyro sensors it even replaces the mouse and thus brings uncompromising gaming to the couch."
- The MagPi — Issue 128, page 76 Alpakka: A DIY controller that can be used like a mouse or a gamepad with extra buttons.
- "One of the reasons the controller is like this, though, is that you can also use it like a mouse thanks to advanced gyro functions"
- LinuxGameCast (video) Alpakka - The BEST Open-Source Controller
- "It cuts it very close to being perfect"
- "This controller is amazing, it is the embodiment of everything that is awesome about open source"
- "Support them! It is that easy to completely shake up the controller market"
- SilverSeraphym (video) The Alpakka: A Creative Commons Controller
- "Most accurate gyro control I've ever used"
- "The best FPS experience with a controller I've ever had ... It immediately feels intuitive"
- "It makes me move my thumbs around less, so it reduces the pain [carpal tunnel]"
- NerdNest (video) This CHANGED MY MIND about the Steam Controller 2
- "I want Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo to sit up and say ... these guys figured it out"
- "I was skeptical ... but I feel like this is as good, if not better, than using a mouse"
- "The precision when using that [dual gyro] is absolute insanity, you can't imagine how good it is"
- Digikey Electronics (video) Favorite Projects of 2022
- "This is a really well developed Xbox-style gamepad system"
- "It is insanely well done"
- fabcross (article) "Alpakka": A project to make your own open source gyro-equipped game controller
- Hackster (article) Alpakka is an open source gamepad based on the Raspberry Pi Pico
- Rootblog (article) A controller that you can make yourself
- RambleCan (video) Could this be the year for controller innovation?
- "I want to buy it. Make it a production model, and I will buy it"
- "2 gyros could be friking great for gyro steering [racing]"
- Raspberry (article) Build your own accessible Alpakka gaming controller
- Yanko Design (article) This DIY game controller looks like a low-poly object taken from a video game
- LinuxGameCast (video) Pedro still has that funky controller
- "Spoilers: I like it a lot"
- "This makes me want to buy a 3D printer"
- "I love the idea of being able to print everything for the controller"
- Hi-tech (article) Do It Yourself: Open source gamepad
- 3Printr (article) Alpakka: Open Source Controller from the 3D Printer
- Trend Hunter (article) The Alpakka Controller Showcases an Elevated Form and Function
- Hackaday (article) Alpakka: A creative commons game controller
- PiCockpit (article) Alpakka controller for the Pico
Do you know about any other media reporting on Input Labs? If so please contact us.