DIY & Hardware
PCB development (soon)
Case mods (soon)
Order a Printed Circuit Board
The PCB schematics and layout are available at Alpakka PCB repository, along with the consolidated order files for the reference design.
We recommend to use a PCB prototyping service such as JLCPCB, which manufacture cheap PCBs in low quantities, with the option to solder a good assortment of SMD (Surface Mount Devices) onto the board. Though is possible to use any other service of your preference.
Order from a PCB prototyping company
The steps to order a PCB from JLCPCB are:
- Get order files (.csv and .zip) from Releases, or by creating them yourself. (TODO PCB development page)
- Go to JLCPCB → Order now
- Upload gerber files: jlcpcb_gerber.zip
- Wait until gerber files are processed.
- Change Remove Order Number to Specify a location
- Enable PCB assembly section.
- Change PCBA Qty to desired number of PCBs with assembled components (minimum is 2).
- Change Tooling holes to Added by Customer
- Go to next page.
- Upload BOM and CPL files: jlcpcb_bom.csv and jlcpcb_cpl.csv
- Validate components (it could happen that some are sold out, and you may want to cancel the order).
- Continue to checkout.
The minimum order in JLCPCB is 5 PCBs with 2 of them having front SMD components soldered on it. Which is a bit of a waste, but the 3 extra raw PCBs can be used to practice soldering if needed.